Donor recognition societies
VCU is fortunate to have many generous and loyal alumni and friends. Gifts from our donors profoundly affect the university, our students and our faculty. We are grateful for the support we receive and take pleasure in recognizing donors with membership in donor recognition societies.
- Black & Gold Loyalty Society honors donors who have made gifts to VCU for five or more consecutive years — from our newest members, who are just beginning their lifelong commitment to annual giving, to our lifetime supporters, who have given to the university for 25 or more years. Learn more.
- Founders’ Society honors those generous individuals, corporations and foundations who have made cumulative commitments of $100,000 or more to the university or associated foundations.
- Heritage Society membership is accorded to those who have made provisions for VCU’s Monroe Park Campus in their estate plans.
- Medical College of Virginia Society membership is accorded to those who have made estate provisions for the VCU Medical Center through the MCV Foundation.
- President’s Club recognizes the university’s most loyal, annual supporters. Individuals whose gifts total $5,000 or more or organizations whose gifts total $10,000 or more during one fiscal year are offered membership in the President’s Club.
Matching gifts are also credited to the donor for recognition society purposes. Many of VCU’s schools and units have their own donor recognition societies.
Members of donor recognition societies have the opportunity to share in the university’s success through special publications and correspondence as well as invitations to presidential and campus events. Donors should speak with a tax adviser about the possibility of specific tax benefits.
For information on any of the above donor recognition societies, please contact:
Executive Director, Office of Donor Relations and Events