How you can help during the COVID-19 pandemic
During this national crisis period, Virginia Commonwealth University is focused on how to provide the best services to our patients and students.
As central Virginia’s COVID response team, our researchers and caregivers are working around the clock to provide resources and care to fight this pandemic. Meanwhile, our faculty and students have transitioned to a completely online teaching and learning environment, which provides its own set of challenges.
Help VCU respond to the unique challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic by supporting one of two brand new funds.
VCU COVID-19 Response Fund
Administered by the Office of the Senior Vice President for VCU Health Sciences and CEO of VCU Health System, the VCU COVID-19 Response Fund supports research and clinical care related to the COVID-19 pandemic, such as:
- Central Virginia COVID-19 Command Center
- Patient support
- Diagnostic and treatment efforts, care, equipment and facilities, home monitoring and transportation
- Clinical trials, inpatient testing and participation in national efforts as well as research related to creating our own equipment and devices to save lives threatened by COVID-19
- Medical staff and health sciences student support
- Rooms for hospital staff working in COVID-related areas who can’t return home and put their families at risk, increasing child care alternatives and supporting our health sciences students displaced by the COVID-19 crisis.
Give online using the button below or make your check payable to the MCV Foundation, writing "for COVID-19 Response Fund" on the memo line, and mail it to VCU Gifts and Records Management, Box 843042, Richmond, VA, 23284-3042.
VCU Student Life and Learning Fund
Administered by the Office of the Provost, the VCU Student Life and Learning Fund, which was developed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, provides unrestricted dollars to support emergency needs of students. Students can apply for emergency funds through VCU Student Affairs or VCU Financial Aid.
Give online using the button below or make your check payable to the VCU Foundation, writing "for Student Life and Learning Fund" on the memo line, and mail it to VCU Gifts and Records Management, Box 843042, Richmond, VA, 23284-3042.
Resources for you
- VCU Health has a COVID-19 hotline managed by our poison control team who have received additional training about COVID-19. It is staffed 24/7 and available to the public: (804) 628-7425.
- Stay up to date at the VCU COVID-19 blog and the VCU Health COVID-19 blog.
The Central Virginia COVID-19 Response Fund has been established at the Community Foundation. The fund provides flexible support for community-based organizations serving the most vulnerable in our community, and those facing hardship because of reduced revenue. Grants will be awarded on a rolling basis to nonprofit organizations only. Learn more.