Battle for the Capital -- Help VCU win!
The second annual Battle for the Capital is back. B4C is an annual giving challenge between crosstown A-10 rivals VCU and the University of Richmond. In last year’s inaugural battle, VCU lost miserably. We can’t let that happen again. We need to bring the trophy to THE university of Richmond, VCU.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The Battle for the Capital is a two-week giving challenge pitting the alumni of VCU against the alumni of UR. Alumni can participate once during the week before the VCU-UR game at the Siegel Center (Feb. 1) and once during the week before the UR-VCU game at the Robbins Center (March 6).
- Visit www.battleforthecapital.org anytime between Jan. 25 and the end of the game Feb. 1.
- Make a donation to the area of your choice (minimum $5).
- Earn one point for VCU.
- Visit www.battleforthecapital.org anytime between Feb. 27 and the end of the game March 6.
Thank you for investing in VCU
With the help of you, our generous alumni and friends, Virginia Commonwealth University is celebrating its most successful fundraising year to date, with more than $120 million in total gifts. Together, we are making a difference is so many lives.
So in this season of giving, we wanted to take a minute and give something back to you ... Here's a message from those your gift helped the most.
This year, private philanthropy shaped this university by
- Creating 677 new student scholarships;
- Supporting the construction of the McGlothin Medical Education Center, changing the way students learn on the MCV campus;
- Paving the way for the Institute for Contemporary Art, an anchor in the evolution of the Broad Street corridor; and
- Opening research opportunities for faculty and graduate students with a curiosity for new discoveries
Whether you are an alumnus, student, parent, faculty or staff member or friend of VCU, we Thank You! for the generosity of your gift and hope that you take pride in VCU and its ascension to becoming the premier public research university in the country.