Check back soon!
We’re working hard to soon provide find a wealth of charitable planning information here, including:
- Easy-to-follow videos and interactive brochures that explore in further detail how each gift will impact VCU’s mission.
- Inspiring stories about how people like you are making a difference at VCU.
- Interactive calculators to help explore your giving options.
Find the gift that's right for you
Make a plan to amplify your impact
If you would like to support Virginia Commonwealth University and make a lasting impact, you can consider several gift arrangements.
Whether you would like to support VCU’s work today or in the future, you can find a charitable plan that lets you provide for your family and make a difference at the university. Here are some of the most popular charitable plans used by our alumni and friends:
Remember us in your will
Structure your will to provide for your family first. Then include a gift to VCU. Just a few simple sentences and a meeting with an estate planning attorney are all it takes.
Make a gift and receive fixed payments for life
If you'd like to support VCU and receive steady payments for life, a charitable gift annuity might be right for you. The Virginia Commonwealth University Foundation and the Medical College of Virginia Foundation offer charitable gift annuities for the benefit of VCU.
If you give stocks you've owned for more than one year that are worth more than when you purchased them, you'll qualify for significant tax advantages.
Give retirement plan assets
Consider making one of our affiliated foundations a beneficiary of a percentage or all of your retirement plan assets for the benefit of VCU. Then, leave less heavily taxed assets to your loved ones.
Arrange a charitable trust
With a charitable remainder trust, you can receive income each year (either fixed or variable) from assets you place in the trust. After your lifetime, the balance in the trust can be given to an affiliated foundation to benefit an area at VCU that is important to you.
Use life insurance to make a gift
You can use life insurance in several ways to support VCU.
Legacy societies at VCU
The Heritage Society on the Monroe Park Campus, the MCV Society on the MCV Campus and the Lawrence Society at the Massey Cancer Center are legacy societies at VCU that recognize alumni, parents, faculty and friends who have made planned and estate gifts to a VCU-affiliated foundation for the benefit of the university, its many schools, units and programs. For those who have made these forward-thinking gifts, we are very grateful. Please let us know if the university is a beneficiary in your estate plan so that we can include you in this important society of VCU donors.
How to give
Gifts to support Virginia Commonwealth University should be made to a VCU-affiliated foundation for the benefit of a VCU school, unit, program, or center:
- Virginia Commonwealth University Foundation: (tax ID # 54-0757884) for schools, units, programs, and centers on the Monroe Park Campus
- Medical College of Virginia Foundation: (tax ID #54-6053660) for schools, units, programs, and centers on the MCV Campus
- VCU School of Business Foundation: (tax ID #20-2661802) for the VCU School of Business
- VCU School of Engineering Foundation: (tax ID #54-1808901) for the VCU School of Engineering
We can help you find the right charitable gift for you, in confidence and without obligation.